I recently turned 17 at the beginning of the month so I thought I’d share some lovely life lessons I’ve learned in my 17 something years on Earth. So please enjoy all I’ve learned in list form;
- Love yourself.Trust me I know this can be so very hard to do but it can make your life so much better you’ll feel happy and confident because of it. Just trust me, learn to love yourself.
- Don’t buy into the idea that having a boyfriend/girlfriend will make your life suddenly better. Sorry darling but it just doesn’t work that way you’ll still feel a little off or unhappy no matter who’s by your side
- Learning how to do winged eyeliner is a pain but it’s completely worth it.
- Find good friends they make life shine a little brighter
- Breakups suck but you’ll get through it (it helps though to watch netflix, make sappy playlists, and hang out with friends though)
- Don’t do things that make you unhappy its not worth it and you’ll just feel sucky about it
- While, friends are great they’re not always forever my mom always says “Friends are either here for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.”
- Find you’re style if you like skater skirts wear them if stilettos make you feel like you can crush a small army than WEAR THOSE FUCKING STILETTOS! Wear whatever makes you feel AMAZING no matter what people say.
- Tea is amazing drink it copiously
- You’re going to do cringey things as you grow up. You may say something bitchy, or unkind, or just really freaking stupid. But, its okay as long as you forgive yourself, apologize, and do better next time.
- Learn how you affect the world around you. It may be little like how eating meat greatly affects our environment or how you can change how you use social media to make your and other lives better. Be educated about these things so you can make informed educated decisions throughout your life.
- Drink water its good for you dummy
- Brush your teeth for the duration of a pop song its good for your teeth and you’ll get to work on your dance moves
- GET INVOLVED. Whether that be in your community, at school, or with your family. Just go out and DO THINGS.
- If you want to change the world even just a little bit organizations like dosomething.org and Peta2 are super helpful
- Find yourself attractive with or without makeup cause you’re super hot either way
- Don’t shame or make fun of people for doing what makes them happy whether its putting on make up, dancing like a crazy person, or reading way too much. Just because you don’t think its “cool” doesn’t give you the right to be an asshole because someone doing what makes them happy
- Education is important it may suck a some points but its worth it and you’re getting a great opportunity that many people sadly don’t have
- Spend time with yourself. Plan an evening to just have some me time and understand yourself a little bit more. ITS WORTH IT. And you have to be with yourself you’re whole life so you should learn to love being you with or without someone else.
- Do what you think is right. And forgive yourself when you don’t. It’s tough to do especially when friends are telling you to do something else but it pays off.
21. Try to live with no regrets before I do something I think when I’m 70 years old will I really regret going for this or doing something embarrassing and the answer is almost always “no.” Audition for that play, audition for that team, apply for your dream college because you won’t regret going for it when you’re older you’ll regret not even trying at all.
I hope these tips helped all of you out and if you ever need any advice or someone to talk to just check out my contact me tag and let me know. I love all of you guys and just know life is hard but you can always get through it with a good song, a nice book, and a helping hand.
“A fight is going on inside me,” said an old man to his son. “It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf is good. he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you.”
The son thought about it for a minute and then asked, “Which wolf will win?”
The old man replied simply, “The one you feed.”
― Wendy Mass, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Dear Amazing Readers of Paper Perfection,
How have you guys been? I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! So, I know I haven’t posted in a bit but I thought I’d just write you all a letter to check in and say “hello.” Also, the 1 year anniversary of my blog was yesterday so I just want to thank all of you for sticking with me and loving me and my posts even when my posting schedule’s kinda chaotic. Currently I’m in California visiting some family for the holidays but I am missing the cold weather of my home state. I’m assuming you guys want to hear about my reading habits so I’ll get to that. While I haven’t been posting much I am one book away from my 70 book goal for the year!!! *woot woot* I recently finished Forever by Judy Blume, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, and Let It Snow by John Green and others. They were all amazing books and let me know if you would like reviews on any one of them. I’ve also recently been catching up on some of my favorite shows like Scream Queens, Reign, Vampire Diaries, and Greys Anatomy. Please do not spoil these for me I am so incredibly behind :(. Anyway, I just wanted to check in you guys and let you know that I love and care about you all and I’m so glad you choose to subscribe to me. If you ever want to talk about life, music, or your new favorite thing to watch feel free to get in touch using my contact page (please contact me I love to hear about you guys)!
P.S I just got a bunch of gift cards to Amazon and Barnes & Noble for Christmas and I’m planning on buying some new books so let me know of some that you love so I can buy them 🙂
Hey guys! So, these are some pictures from my weekend. I just thought I’d share a little bit of my life with you. Most of these were taken Sunday night with my best friend Eislynn. We just hung out, got some donuts and books (I mostly got the books) and ended the night with some Chinese food. Also, after that we went to the park when it was dark, at my insistence, to go on the swings. I hope you all had an awesome weekend and enjoy the photos!
I hope you enjoyed this post let me know if you want more like it 🙂
MY WEEKEND CHILL PLAYLIST:
This I guess you could say is a life post and this specific post is going to be about boys and life in general. Not one specific boy just them, all the boys in my life who have blurred together to recently create this big question mark. Here’s the thing, I’m one of those girls who meets a guy and imagines some grand romance or future together. I guess you could say I’m a romantic or a blue but anyway this kind of process that I went through though lovely as it was, caused me to put people on a pedestal and expect some grand romance which in truth has never been what I have wanted. I guess you could say I’ve met some guys lately or a guy that has made me want the little things, the small moments because they’re all that I’ve really wanted all along. Now, I’m not saying I’m in love or anything but let me just say that it’s good to just enjoy the little moments sometimes whether they’re just with a friend or someone a little bit more than that because life is a series of little moments and I finally realized if you spend your time imagining these grand moments and romances you’ll miss all the great little moments that make life worth living.
p.s sorry this is so short I guess you could just say i was inspired by some little moments
Hey guys. So, I’d just thought I’d update you all and let you know that I am expanding my blog!!!
So, I will be expanding my blog and I will now be posting about fashion and just general life dilemmas too. Don’t worry though I will still be posting book reviews too. So I am starting out this new expansion with my first “life” piece which will be starting right… now!
a feeling of pensive sadness, typically with no obvious cause.
So, this is how I’ve been feeling lately… a weird sadness with no cause that just makes me feel icky. That’s what I’ve been calling it, this sticky icky feeling that drags me down into sadness and discontent. But, here’s the thing I’m a really happy person I have great friends, awesome parents and generally great life but I’ve just been feeling this sadness. I’m not depressed or anything but it’s just weird I’m feeling this disconnect between me and life. Another blogger that I admire posted about this and it made me feel less alone so I thought I’d share about it too. I don’t know how to explain this feeling except with the word melancholy.
So, here I am writing about this sticky icky feeling so that maybe you guys will feel less sticky and icky. Ever since I’ve been feeling this way I’ve been looking for someway to describe it to finally make it real. So, I searched and looked for old lost words that may define this for me but then I realized I knew the word all along, melancholy. It happened in English class our teacher asked us to come up with words that also described sadness and my friend suggested the word melancholy. I realized I’ve heard the word and used it before but I never knew exactly what it meant so I looked it up. I read the definition and then I saw as an example “she was feeling a little melancholy” and I realized that’s me that’s the icky feeling that’s been following me around. Melancholy. Suddenly I felt a little bit of relief and a little bit less melancholy. So, I finally just realized it’s okay if I’m not happy all the time that’s just a part of life. My government teacher once said Americans have a strange obsession with happiness. This obsession of being happy is making me believe feeling anything besides happiness is wrong and it’s not. I guess now I can admit I feel more than happiness and that’s a good thing because I am feeling something.
“There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.”
― C. JoyBell C.
If you feel depressed or suicidal please search for help and talk to an adult or visit http://www.nami.org/. It does get better.
My Song Suggestion:
Fleetwood Mac– Landslide
“Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Well, I’ve been afraid of changing
‘Cause I’ve built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I’m getting older too”