I recently turned 17 at the beginning of the month so I thought I’d share some lovely life lessons I’ve learned in my 17 something years on Earth. So please enjoy all I’ve learned in list form;
- Love yourself.Trust me I know this can be so very hard to do but it can make your life so much better you’ll feel happy and confident because of it. Just trust me, learn to love yourself.
- Don’t buy into the idea that having a boyfriend/girlfriend will make your life suddenly better. Sorry darling but it just doesn’t work that way you’ll still feel a little off or unhappy no matter who’s by your side
- Learning how to do winged eyeliner is a pain but it’s completely worth it.
- Find good friends they make life shine a little brighter
- Breakups suck but you’ll get through it (it helps though to watch netflix, make sappy playlists, and hang out with friends though)
- Don’t do things that make you unhappy its not worth it and you’ll just feel sucky about it
- While, friends are great they’re not always forever my mom always says “Friends are either here for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.”
- Find you’re style if you like skater skirts wear them if stilettos make you feel like you can crush a small army than WEAR THOSE FUCKING STILETTOS! Wear whatever makes you feel AMAZING no matter what people say.
- Tea is amazing drink it copiously
- You’re going to do cringey things as you grow up. You may say something bitchy, or unkind, or just really freaking stupid. But, its okay as long as you forgive yourself, apologize, and do better next time.
- Learn how you affect the world around you. It may be little like how eating meat greatly affects our environment or how you can change how you use social media to make your and other lives better. Be educated about these things so you can make informed educated decisions throughout your life.
- Drink water its good for you dummy
- Brush your teeth for the duration of a pop song its good for your teeth and you’ll get to work on your dance moves
- GET INVOLVED. Whether that be in your community, at school, or with your family. Just go out and DO THINGS.
- If you want to change the world even just a little bit organizations like dosomething.org and Peta2 are super helpful
- Find yourself attractive with or without makeup cause you’re super hot either way
- Don’t shame or make fun of people for doing what makes them happy whether its putting on make up, dancing like a crazy person, or reading way too much. Just because you don’t think its “cool” doesn’t give you the right to be an asshole because someone doing what makes them happy
- Education is important it may suck a some points but its worth it and you’re getting a great opportunity that many people sadly don’t have
- Spend time with yourself. Plan an evening to just have some me time and understand yourself a little bit more. ITS WORTH IT. And you have to be with yourself you’re whole life so you should learn to love being you with or without someone else.
- Do what you think is right. And forgive yourself when you don’t. It’s tough to do especially when friends are telling you to do something else but it pays off.
21. Try to live with no regrets before I do something I think when I’m 70 years old will I really regret going for this or doing something embarrassing and the answer is almost always “no.” Audition for that play, audition for that team, apply for your dream college because you won’t regret going for it when you’re older you’ll regret not even trying at all.
I hope these tips helped all of you out and if you ever need any advice or someone to talk to just check out my contact me tag and let me know. I love all of you guys and just know life is hard but you can always get through it with a good song, a nice book, and a helping hand.
“A fight is going on inside me,” said an old man to his son. “It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf is good. he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you.”
The son thought about it for a minute and then asked, “Which wolf will win?”
The old man replied simply, “The one you feed.”
― Wendy Mass,